A developer is planning to remake a prominent site in South End with a new project called The RailYard, which will include a mix of offices, shops and apartments.
Charlotte-based Beacon Partners bought the 3.5-acre site at South Tryon and Bland streets in 2015 for $10.1 million. It’s currently occupied by commercial buildings, mostly HD Supply.
The RailYard will be substantially taller than most of the buildings in South End, part of the ongoing increase in density coming to the area. Construction on the project should start in summer 2017, Beacon said. The RailYard will include:
▪ Two eight-story buildings totaling 320,000 square feet, largely office space. The brick buildings will also include masonry, steel and glass.
▪ 30,000 square feet of shops and restaurants.
▪ 100 residential units, including four stories of “unique, studio, loft- style micro units.”
▪ An outdoor courtyard between the buildings.
▪ A rooftop “park” for tenants.